Whether you’re a vegetable farmer, a fruit farmer, an artisanal food maker, or a local chef, the farmers’ market is one of the best places to sell your goods. However, selling from a farmer’s market can be a bit competitive. Therefore, you need to be intentional about your sales technique to maximize sales.
In this article, we will share a simple technique for maximizing sales at a local farmers’ market. But before we do, let’s first talk about why you might want to consider selling from a farmers’ market.
Why Sell at a Farmers Market?
There are many reasons to sell at a farmers’ market. Some of which include;
- Farmers’ markets are a great place to connect with the community and build relationships.
- It is a great way to get your product to potential customers within your neighborhood.
- They are also a great venue to interact with customers face-to-face and get feedback on your products, collect testimonials, and generate buzz around your brand.
- If you have an established business, selling at farmers’ markets is a great way to expand your customer base while getting free advertising.
- It can be a great way to make some extra cash—especially if you have an abundance of produce that needs to be sold quickly.
- It is a great way to network with other vendors who sell in the same market. You may even find that they have some tips and tricks they can share with you.
- Finally, farmers’ markets offer an opportunity for people to purchase food from local farms and support their community.
How to Choose the Right Farmers Market?
Now that you know what to expect from a farmers’ market, it’s time to choose the right one.
- Choose a market with a good variety of customers. You want to find a market that has customers who are willing and able to spend money on your products. If there aren’t many people at the stand next door, you might want to move on.
- Choose a market with a high turnover rate. If the market has lots of customers and vendors, it means that people are making money there! You want to find a market where people are constantly buying and selling their goods so that you can do the same.
- Choose a market that has a good location. If it’s too far away from where most of your target audience lives or works, they won’t make the drive out just because they love your baked chicken with spinach stuffing so much!
- Choose a market that runs on a regular schedule. If you are going to be selling products at the market, then it’s important to know when it will be open. You don’t want to have to wait around all day for customers who never show up!
- Choose a market that has good prices (or at least reasonable ones). You don’t want to go broke selling your goods; otherwise, you won’t be able to keep doing this for very long!
Boost Sales Using the Local Chow Mobile App
While there are a plethora of factors to consider when selling in a farmers’ market, one of the best ways to maximize the sales of your products and provide quality service to your customers is by using the Local Chow mobile app.
The Local Chow app is a marketplace for the food industry, which means that it is the ideal place for you to sell your products. While the app comprises different features that make it easy for both vendors and customers to transact, some of the benefits to your business include;
As a hub for both food buyers and vendors, the Local Chow app gives increased visibility to food vendors by providing access to a targeted niche. You can increase the visibility of your products by using the app to post pictures of your products, along with descriptions and prices so that customers can view them anytime they want.
While you need to sell at a farmers’ market, having an app that is specifically dedicated to the food industry makes it even easier for customers to find you.
Take Orders from Customers in Advance
The Local Chow app allows you to take orders from customers in advance. This is a great feature because it enables you to have an idea of how much food you need to prepare for a specific day, as well as how many people are coming to purchase your product.
Control Customer’s Pickup and Delivery Schedule
The Local Chow app allows you to control when your customers pick up their food as well as when they want to have it delivered. This feature is important because it gives you the power to decide when you need to prepare the food and how many orders can be placed on a specific day.
Increase Repeat Purchases
The Local Chow app promotes repeat purchases by making it easier for your customers to find you and make purchases. This feature is beneficial because it gives people the freedom and flexibility to order food whenever they want without having to call or come into your restaurant.
Selling at a farmers’ market is important for your business, but it’s not always easy to get started, and it can be a little challenging and competitive. By using the Local Chow app, you can make the process of selling at a farmers market easier than ever before and increase your profits as well.
It will serve as a tool to help you manage orders, keep track of customer data and demographics, and promote repeat purchases from customers who have downloaded the app.
To maximize your sales at the farmers’ market use the local chow app.