BBQ ribs are a staple in American cuisine, and for good reason. There’s nothing quite like the taste of tender, juicy ribs that have been cooked to perfection over a smoky grill or smoker. Whether you’re a seasoned pitmaster or just getting started with BBQ, this recipe will show you how to make the best BBQ ribs you’ve ever tasted.
- 4-5 lb pork ribs (baby back or spareribs)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
The key to great BBQ ribs is a good dry rub, and this recipe features a blend of brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. This rub gives the ribs a nice balance of sweetness, smokiness, and savoriness. The apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and ketchup, make up the base of a flavorful baste that will keep the ribs moist and delicious.
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs by sliding a butter knife under it and gently peeling it away.
- Mix together the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture evenly over the ribs, making sure to cover both sides.
- Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, and ketchup to make the baste.
- Preheat your grill or smoker to 225-250°F.
- Place the ribs on the grill or smoker, meat side up, and baste every hour with the basting mixture.
- Cook the ribs for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is tender and pulls away from the bone.
- For extra flavor, you can wrap the ribs in foil and continue to cook for another hour.
- Remove the ribs from the grill or smoker and let them rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting them into individual ribs.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sides, such as coleslaw, potato salad, or baked beans.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro, if desired.
How To Order Home-Made BBQ Ribs Online
You can order homemade BBQ ribs online from the different home-cooked food vendors on the Local Chow mobile app by following these steps:
- Download and install the Local Chow’s mobile app from either Appstore or Playstore.
- Search for “homemade BBQ ribs” from vendors in your neighborhood.
- Select a vendor and the desired quantity of cookies that you would like to order.
- Add the BBQ ribs to your cart and proceed to checkout.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to enter your shipping and payment information. Make sure to enter the correct shipping address where you would like your order to be delivered.
- Review your order to make sure everything is correct, and then submit your order.
- Once your order has been placed, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your purchase. You can expect your BBQ ribs to arrive at the specified shipping address within the timeframe indicated by Local Chow.
This recipe is sure to become a favorite for anyone who loves BBQ ribs. The dry rub and baste provide a perfect balance of flavors, and the slow cooking method ensures that the ribs are juicy and tender. While this recipe is delicious as is, feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to make it your own. Happy grilling!